EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT CERI
Position Title : Director, Marketing and Communications
CERI, headquartered in Calgary, is seeking a Director, Marketing and Communications. Reporting to the President and CEO the Director, Marketing and Communications has responsibility for CERI’s marketing activities and oversees the development and delivery of a marketing strategy for the Institute. Promotion, networking and enhancing the Institute’s credibility are key components of the Director’s responsibilities.
- Oversee implementation of the Marketing strategy - including campaigns, events, website, digital marketing, media relations and stakeholder relations.
- Ensure the Institute manages and grows its media exposure.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Research to define marketing materials, speaking tours and programs around key research projects.
- Manage website, media presence and direct programs to improve media reputation and recognition.
- Ensure that the marketing objectives are implemented by the marketing team.
- Develop and deliver marketing and communications strategies for the Institute.
- Work with the Director, Finance and Operations to advertise conferences, recruit conference speakers and secure sponsorships.
- Represent the Institute at meetings and conferences.
- Support CEO with strategic partnerships with governments, industry associations, environmental groups and Indigenous Peoples organizations.
Preferred skills and experience
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing or related area.
- Seven years marketing or business development experience
- Knowledge of oil, gas and electricity markets in Canada.
- Large personal network of contacts with a focus on energy industry stakeholders.
- Skillful at networking and making technical presentations.
- Experience in social media, stakeholder relations and media relations.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
Please send your cover letter and detailed resume to email@example.com. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Application deadline: April 25, 2017